The 1968 and 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle and El Camino are two of the most iconic and beloved American muscle cars ever built. These cars are known for their sleek styling, powerful engines, and excellent performance. One of the most important parts of the Chevelle and El Camino’s exterior is the fenders.
Fenders are the sheet metal panels that cover the sides of the car from the front wheels to the rear wheels. They are an important part of the car’s appearance, and they also help to protect the car’s body from damage.
If the fenders on your Chevelle or El Camino are damaged, it can seriously affect the appearance and value of your car. Replacing damaged fenders with NOS (New Old Stock) GM fenders is the best way to restore your car to its original condition.
What are NOS GM Parts?
NOS GM parts are original GM parts that have never been installed on a car. These parts are in perfect condition and they have the correct finish. NOS GM parts are the most desirable parts for Chevelle and El Camino restorations because they are the most authentic and they will make your car look its best.
Benefits of Using NOS GM Fenders
There are a number of benefits to using NOS GM fenders on your Chevelle or El Camino restoration, including:
- Perfect condition: NOS GM fenders are in perfect condition. They have never been installed on a car, so they are free of any dents, scratches, or corrosion.
- Correct finish: NOS GM fenders will have the correct finish for your Chevelle or El Camino. This is important for both the appearance and the performance of your car.
- Authenticity: NOS GM fenders are the most authentic fenders available. They are the same fenders that were used on the assembly line when your Chevelle or El Camino was built.
- Value: NOS GM fenders will increase the value of your Chevelle or El Camino restoration.
How to Identify NOS GM Fenders
There are a few ways to identify NOS GM fenders:
- GM part number: NOS GM fenders will have the GM part number stamped on them.
- GM quality control sticker: NOS GM fenders will have the GM quality control sticker on them.
- Correct finish: NOS GM fenders will have the correct finish for the year and model of your Chevelle or El Camino.
Where to Buy NOS GM Fenders
NOS GM fenders can be purchased from a number of different sources, including:
- Classic car parts stores
- Online retailers
- Chevrolet dealerships
Tips for Installing NOS GM Fenders
Here are a few tips for installing NOS GM fenders on your Chevelle or El Camino:
- Make sure that the area where the new fenders will be installed is clean and free of debris.
- Use a torque wrench to tighten the bolts that hold the fenders in place.
- Be careful not to overtighten the bolts, as this can damage the fenders.
- Make sure that the wiring for the headlights is properly connected.
- Adjust the headlights so that they are properly aligned.
If you are restoring a 1968 or 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle or El Camino, then NOS GM fenders are the best choice. They are in perfect condition, they have the correct finish, they are authentic, and they will increase the value of your car. When choosing NOS GM fenders, be sure to check for the correct part numbers and the GM part number and quality control sticker.
Here are some additional tips for restoring your Chevelle or El Camino:
- Use high-quality parts whenever possible.
- Take your time and do the job right.
- Get help from experienced Chevelle or El Camino enthusiasts if needed.
With a little care and attention, you can restore your Chevelle or El Camino to its former glory. And NOS GM fenders are a great place to start.