1970-72 Chevy Nova NOS GM Quarter Panel. The 1970-72 Chevy Nova is a classic muscle car that is known for its sleek design, powerful engines, and excellent performance. If you are restoring a 1970-72 Nova, then you know that finding high-quality restoration parts is essential. One of the most important parts of a Nova restoration is the quarter panel.
The quarter panel is the sheet metal that runs from the rear wheel well to the trunk. It is a large and complex piece of metal, and it is important to keep it in good condition. If the quarter panel is damaged, it can affect the appearance and performance of the car.
If you need to replace the quarter panel on your 1970-72 Chevy Nova, then the best choice is to use a New Old Stock (NOS) GM quarter panel. NOS GM quarter panels are original GM quarter panels that have never been installed on a car. They are the most desirable quarter panels for Nova restorations because they are in perfect condition and they have the correct finish.
Benefits of Using a NOS GM Quarter Panel
There are a number of benefits to using a NOS GM quarter panel on your 1970-72 Chevy Nova restoration, including:
- Perfect condition: NOS GM quarter panels are in perfect condition. They have never been installed on a car, so they are free of any dents, scratches, or corrosion.
- Correct finish: NOS GM quarter panels will have the correct finish for your Nova. This is important for both the appearance and the performance of your car.
- Authenticity: NOS GM quarter panels are the most authentic quarter panels available. They are the same quarter panels that were used on the assembly line when your Nova was built.
- Value: NOS GM quarter panels will increase the value of your Nova restoration.
How to Identify a NOS GM Quarter Panel
There are a few ways to identify a NOS GM quarter panel:
- GM part number: NOS GM quarter panels will have the GM part number stamped on them.
- GM quality control sticker: NOS GM quarter panels will have the GM quality control sticker on them.
- Correct finish: NOS GM quarter panels will have the correct finish for the year and model of your Nova.
Where to Buy a NOS GM Quarter Panel
NOS GM quarter panels can be purchased from a number of different sources, including:
- Classic car parts stores
- Online retailers
- Chevrolet dealerships
How to Install a NOS GM Quarter Panel
Installing a NOS GM quarter panel on your 1970-72 Chevy Nova is a relatively straightforward process. However, it is important to follow the instructions that come with the quarter panel carefully.
Here are the basic steps involved:
- Remove the old quarter panel.
- Cut out the damaged area of the quarter panel.
- Weld the new quarter panel into place.
- Fill in any gaps with seam sealer.
- Prime and paint the new quarter panel.
Tips for Installing a NOS GM Quarter Panel
Here are a few tips for installing a NOS GM quarter panel on your 1970-72 Chevy Nova:
- Make sure that the area where the new quarter panel will be installed is clean and free of debris.
- Use a torque wrench to tighten the bolts that hold the quarter panel in place.
- Be careful not to overtighten the bolts, as this can damage the quarter panel.
- Make sure that the seams are properly sealed to prevent water and dirt from getting into the quarter panel.
- Use high-quality primer and paint to ensure that the new quarter panel matches the rest of the car.
If you are restoring a 1970-72 Chevy Nova, then using a NOS GM quarter panel is the best way to ensure that your car has the most authentic and best-looking quarter panel possible. NOS GM quarter panels are in perfect condition, they have the correct finish, they are authentic, and they will increase the value of your car restoration.
Restoring Your 1970-72 Chevy Nova with NOS GM Parts
In addition to the quarter panel, there are a number of other NOS GM parts that you may want to use when restoring your 1970-72 Chevy Nova. Some of the most popular NOS GM parts for Nova restorations include:
- Trunk lid
- Interior parts
When choosing NOS GM parts for your Nova restoration, it is important to make sure that you are choosing the correct parts for your car. Be sure to check the part