The 1975-1981 Firebird and Trans Am are some of the most iconic muscle cars of all time. They are known for their sleek styling, powerful engines, and excellent performance. One of the most important parts of the Firebird and Trans Am’s body is the quarter panel.
The quarter panel is the sheet metal that runs from the rear wheel well to the trunk. It is a large and complex piece of metal, and it is important to keep it in good condition. If the quarter panel is damaged, it can affect the appearance and performance of the car.
If you need to replace the quarter panel on your 1975-1981 Firebird or Trans Am, then you need to choose a high-quality product. The best quarter panels are made by General Motors (GM). GM quarter panels are made from high-quality materials and are designed to fit perfectly on your car.
NOS GM Quarter Panels
NOS (New Old Stock) GM quarter panels are original GM quarter panels that have never been installed on a car. They are in perfect condition and they have the correct finish. NOS GM quarter panels are the most desirable quarter panels for Firebird and Trans Am restorations because they are the most authentic and they will make your car look its best.
Benefits of NOS GM Quarter Panels
There are a number of benefits to using NOS GM quarter panels on your Firebird or Trans Am restoration, including:
- Superior quality: NOS GM quarter panels are made from high-quality materials and are designed to last.
- Perfect fit: NOS GM quarter panels are designed to fit perfectly on your Firebird or Trans Am. This will ensure that your car looks its best and performs at its peak.
- Corrosion-resistant: NOS GM quarter panels are treated with a corrosion-resistant coating to protect them from rust and other damage.
- Warranty: NOS GM quarter panels come with a warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
When to Replace Your Quarter Panel
There are a few reasons why you may need to replace the quarter panel on your 1975-1981 Firebird or Trans Am. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Rust: Rust is the most common cause of quarter panel damage. Rust can weaken the quarter panel and make it more susceptible to damage.
- Collisions: If your Firebird or Trans Am has been in a collision, the quarter panel may be damaged.
- Dents and scratches: If your quarter panel has dents or scratches, it may need to be replaced to restore the appearance of your car.
How to Choose the Right Quarter Panel
When choosing a quarter panel for your 1975-1981 Firebird or Trans Am, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Quality: Make sure to choose a quarter panel that is made from high-quality materials.
- Fit: Make sure to choose a quarter panel that is designed to fit perfectly on your Firebird or Trans Am.
- Price: Quarter panels can range in price from a few hundred dollars to over a thousand dollars. Choose a quarter panel that fits your budget.
How to Install a Quarter Panel
Installing a quarter panel is a complex process that should be performed by a qualified mechanic. However, here is a basic overview of the steps involved:
- Remove the old quarter panel.
- Cut out the damaged area of the quarter panel.
- Weld the new quarter panel into place.
- Fill in any gaps with seam sealer.
- Prime and paint the new quarter panel.
If you need to replace the quarter panel on your 1975-1981 Firebird or Trans Am, then choose a NOS GM quarter panel. NOS GM quarter panels are made from high-quality materials, are designed to fit perfectly on your car, and come with a warranty.
If you are looking for the highest quality quarter panels for your Firebird or Trans Am restoration, then choose NOS GM quarter panels. They are the most authentic, durable, and best-looking quarter.