The inner fenders on your 1969 Chevy Camaro are important for a number of reasons. First, they help to protect the engine compartment from dirt, debris, and moisture. Second, they provide support for the hood and radiator. Third, they help to direct airflow into the engine compartment.
If the inner fenders on your Camaro are damaged, it can lead to a number of problems, including:
- Corrosion of the engine compartment components
- Reduced engine performance
- Overheating of the engine
- Increased noise and vibration
- Decreased resale value of the car
If you need to replace the inner fenders on your 1969 Camaro, the best choice is to use New Old Stock (NOS) GM parts. NOS GM inner fenders are original GM inner fenders that have never been installed on a car. They are the most desirable inner fenders for Camaro restorations because they are in perfect condition and they have the correct finish.
Why Choose NOS GM Inner Fenders?
There are a number of reasons why you should choose NOS GM inner fenders for your 1969 Camaro restoration:
- Perfect condition: NOS GM inner fenders are in perfect condition. They have never been installed on a car, so they are free of any dents, scratches, or corrosion.
- Correct finish: NOS GM inner fenders will have the correct finish for your Camaro. This is important for both the appearance and the performance of your car.
- Authenticity: NOS GM inner fenders are the most authentic inner fenders available. They are the same inner fenders that were used on the assembly line when your Camaro was built.
- Value: NOS GM inner fenders will increase the value of your Camaro restoration.
Part numbers 3935917 and 3935918 are the correct part numbers for NOS GM inner fenders for the 1969 Chevy Camaro. These inner fenders are for the left and right sides of the car, respectively.
Identifying NOS GM Inner Fenders
There are a few ways to identify NOS GM inner fenders:
- GM part number: NOS GM inner fenders will have the GM part number stamped on them.
- GM quality control sticker: NOS GM inner fenders will have the GM quality control sticker on them.
- Correct finish: NOS GM inner fenders will have the correct finish for the year and model of your Camaro.
Where to Buy NOS GM Inner Fenders
NOS GM inner fenders can be purchased from a number of different sources, including:
- Classic car parts stores
- Online retailers
- Chevrolet dealerships
Tips for Installing 1969 Chevy Camaro NOS GM Inner Fenders
Here are a few tips for installing NOS GM inner fenders on your 1969 Chevy Camaro:
- Make sure that the area where the new inner fenders will be installed is clean and free of debris.
- Use a torque wrench to tighten the bolts that hold the inner fenders in place.
- Be careful not to overtighten the bolts, as this can damage the inner fenders.
- Make sure that the wiring for the headlights is properly connected.
- Adjust the headlights so that they are properly aligned.
If you are restoring a 1969 Chevy Camaro, then NOS GM inner fenders are the best choice. They are in perfect condition, they have the correct finish, they are authentic, and they will increase the value of your car. When choosing NOS GM inner fenders, be sure to check for the correct part numbers (3935917 and 3935918) and the GM part number and quality control sticker.
Here are some additional tips for restoring your 1969 Chevy Camaro:
- Use high-quality parts whenever possible.
- Take your time and do the job right.
- Get help from experienced Camaro enthusiasts if needed.
With a little care and attention, you can restore your 1969 Chevy Camaro to its former glory. And NOS GM inner fenders are a great place to start.