1968-72 Chevy Nova SS NOS Hood Grill: The Perfect Touch for Your Restoration.
The 1968-72 Chevy Nova SS is one of the most iconic muscle cars ever built. It is known for its sleek design, powerful engines, and excellent performance. One of the most distinctive features of the Nova SS is its hood grill.
The Nova SS hood grill is a unique piece of trim that helps to set the car apart from other Novas. It is also a very important part of the car’s overall appearance. If the hood grill is damaged or missing, it can have a significant impact on the car’s value and appeal.
If you are restoring a 1968-72 Chevy Nova SS, then you will want to find an original NOS (New Old Stock) hood grill. NOS hood grills are in perfect condition and they will give your car a factory-fresh look.
Benefits of Using a NOS Hood Grill
There are a number of benefits to using an NOS hood grill on your Nova SS restoration:
- Perfect condition: NOS hood grills are in perfect condition. They have never been installed on a car, so they are free of any dents, scratches, or corrosion.
- Original appearance: NOS hood grills will give your car an original appearance. They are made from the same materials and to the same specifications as the original hood grills that were installed on Nova SSs when they were new.
- Increased value: NOS hood grills can increase the value of your Nova SS restoration.
- Authenticity: NOS hood grills are the most authentic hood grills available. They are the same hood grills that were used on Nova SSs when they were new.
Identifying a NOS Hood Grill
There are a few ways to identify a NOS hood grill:
- GM part number: NOS hood grills will have the GM part number stamped on them.
- GM quality control sticker: NOS hood grills will have the GM quality control sticker on them.
- Correct finish: NOS hood grills will have the correct finish for the year and model of your Nova SS.
Where to Buy a NOS Hood Grill
NOS hood grills can be purchased from a number of different sources, including:
- Classic car parts stores
- Online retailers
- Chevrolet dealerships
How to Install a NOS Hood Grill
Installing a NOS hood grill on your Nova SS is a relatively straightforward process. However, it is important to follow the instructions that come with the hood grill carefully.
Here are the basic steps involved:
- Remove the old hood grill.
- Clean the area where the new hood grill will be installed.
- Install the new hood grill.
- Secure the hood grill with the included hardware.
Tips for Installing a NOS Hood Grill
Here are a few tips for installing a NOS hood grill on your Nova SS:
- Make sure that the area where the new hood grill will be installed is clean and free of debris.
- Use a torque wrench to tighten the bolts that hold the hood grill in place.
- Be careful not to overtighten the bolts, as this can damage the hood grill.
- Make sure that the hood grill is properly aligned.
If you are restoring a 1968-72 Chevy Nova SS, then you will want to find an original NOS hood grill. NOS hood grills are in perfect condition and they will give your car a factory-fresh look. When choosing a NOS hood grill, be sure to check for the correct GM part number and the GM quality control sticker.
Here are some additional tips for restoring your 1968-72 Chevy Nova SS:
- Use high-quality parts whenever possible.
- Take your time and do the job right.
- Get help from experienced Nova SS enthusiasts if needed.
With a little care and attention, you can restore your 1968-72 Chevy Nova SS to its former glory. And a NOS hood grill is a great place to start.